Monday, March 23, 2009

Laundry Day

Monday is laundry day at our house. I try to only do laundry one day a week, so of course it takes all day. It always amazes me what I might find when I do laundry. I am only about half way done and I have already found 4 nails, 1 key, 1 quarter, 3 pennies, a lot of dirt, and a couple of tissues. I have determined that if I keep collecting these things, in a few years I will have the nails to build a house, a key for the new door, the money to pay for it, and the dirt needed to landscape the yard. I don't know what I'll use the tissues for. Probably wiping up messes like I do now.(Just so you know, these are all from the boys clothes. We haven't mastered emptying pockets yet.)

3 comments:

Steve & Shauna said...

I love it. It doesn't matter how old they get, it is still a good idea to check the pockets. It sounds like they are normal boys.

Lindsay said...

HAHAHA! You're so clever!

Dawn W said...

I love it! Our kids are working on selling the rocks in our xeroscaped front yard, so I always end up with rocks at the bottom of the laundry machine. Maybe I should collect them for your new home with the new door and the dirt landscape - I'll donate the rock driveway. :)